Please note that the hall is closed due to the Covid pandemic.
The field, tennis court and car park are open for use as normal (except please observe the Covid rules!!)
Help us please!
The Community Centre needs some people to help us with the running of the centre. There are several ways you can help so please use our “Contact us” page to tell us and we will be in touch. Many thanks, on behalf of the village.
Directions to Centre
- From Knighton take the the B4355 about 2 miles towards Newtown, and turn left into the village
- From Newtown and about 6 miles after Beguildy turn right into the village (there is a second turn if you miss the first as many people do – see directions from Knighton above). Keep to your left over the stream bridge and just after the pub turn right into Glyndwr then follow signs for the Community Centre, recycling, and railway station. The site is in front of you as you turn past the station access.
Community Centre facilities
The village is lucky to have a community centre that provides
- village hall & committee room
- playing field with goal posts
- hard surface single tennis court with net
- children’s play area with equipment
- car parking
- recycling container for cardboard
- an information board is mounted outside so visitors can discover what the village has to offer them
All the outdoor facilities are available at any time to anyone and no charge is made for casual use. Outdoor equipment such as tennis rackets and balls and various other items are available on request.
Users are invited to offer a donation for their use – contact anyone on the committee – see Centre Management page for details.
The new hall opened in February 2013 and was built with Welsh Government funds.
The hall provides:
- general hall 13m x 8m with flat floor, 80 chairs, 10 circular tables, 10 rectangular tables, a small platform, etc. The hall is licensed for 100 people. Alcohol licence is available.
- there are table cloths, crockery and place settings for 80 people to eat at the round tables.
- kitchen fully equipped with large oven etc. with hatch to outside
- full DVD and computer projection system with surround sound and microphones
- committee/meeting room (with separate entrance) 5.5m x 3.5m with table and chairs
- fully wheelchair accessible
- loop system for visitors with hearing difficulty.
The toilets are available to people using the field and tennis court on request.
The small meeting room is known as the “Ackermann room” after the late Dr. Keith Ackermann who was chairman of the Centre Committee for many years. The fine table & chairs in the room were kindly donated by his wife in his memory.
Bookings for the hall are made by using the form under “Facility Booking” in the menu above, or by using the “Contact us” page, or by calling 01547 520266. Users can ask that their event be added to the public calendar on this site and the village site, or it can be anonymous.
Charges & conditions
The tariff and conditions of hire are on the “Facility booking” page.